Now Teaching: Street Photography
7p-10p Wednesdays at the Chicago Photography Center
Posted Sep 13, 2010
The next 7 week session of Street Photography starts up Wednesday, November 3rd. Registration is now available online at the Chicago Photo Center's website.
This Wednesday I start teaching a 7 week street photography program at the Chicago Photography Center. The entire cost $375, class is limited to 12 students and there is still availability - read more about the class and sign up at the CPC website.
- When: 7p-10p on Wednesdays
- Where: 3301 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL 60657 (map)
- Price: $375 for 7 weeks
- Includes: access to digital lab, field trips, critiques
- Register at the Chicago Photography Center website
I've designed the program to highlight our diverse Chicago neighborhoods and foster individual portfolio development. This is a unique opportunity for me to share my experience as a Chicago fine art photographer. Discussions include:
- Study of the masters of street photography
- Chicago's history of street photography
- Alternate perspectives - visiting modern Chicago street photographers
- Rights of a street photographer
- The street photographer's gear
- Modern & traditional camera techniques
- Habits of a successful street photographer
- Individual editing sessions
- Group critiques
- Field trips
The Chicago Photography Center
The CPC is a non-profit organization that offers a variety of courses in digital photography and film photography. They're located in a beautiful lofted space at the corner of Lincoln & School (3301 N. Lincoln Ave) in Lincoln Park. In addition to classrooms, the CPC space has a 14 computer digital lab, a full service darkroom and a naturally lit gallery/exhibition area.